My two older kids are staying home by themselves today. They’ve been checking in with me
a lot, all the time, so much my phone’s battery is dropping faster than a dollar bill at a strip club regularly. Most of the time it’s with questions like, “Can I go out and play?” or “What’s (insert friend’s name here) phone number?” and even the question-turned-tattle “How many times do I have to vacuum the floor because my big sister keeps saying I have to do it three times!” Yet, sometimes the calls I get from them end with me scratching my head and wondering what’s the rest of the story and do I need to come home right now?
And so, I bring you – the Top 10 Alarming Calls From Your Kids:
10. “I finished the laundry. Now all your clothes fit me, Mom!”
9. “Don’t worry about making dinner, Mom. We’ve got it covered.”
8. “How do I get the microwave to stop sparking?”
7. “The dog just ate something funny but it’s okay because he threw it up and now he’s being really quiet.”
6. “You wanted me to get my hair cut. Wait ’til you see it!”
5. “What time did you say you’d be home?” (Followed by a hushed voice in the background of the other sibling saying “We’ll clean it up before she gets here and she’ll never know.”)
4. “What kind of snacks do bears like?”
3. “Mom, where do we keep the first aid kit?” <— an actual question from my son today who wanted to know, not because someone was hurt but because he and his sister wanted to reorganize it. What?!
2. “That stuff in the bottle under the sink tastes gross.”
1. “Should I answer the door for the man with the weird bushy beard?”
Any more you’d like to add to the list?